Pick and pack book orders according to order specification list with a level of accuracy and productivity by following standard procedures to achieve an acceptable performance level.
- Perform job successfully
- Receive constructive performance feedback
- Create box size for each order at beginning of train
- Pick, pack, and label product per the Jenifer headset
- Verify barcode against product
- Verify all cartons using computer or handheld device
- Perform accuracy audits if prompt (scan every unit in the box/carton)
- Push all boxes/cartons on the conveyor line
- Change zones to pick, pack and label product whenever necessary
- Follow safety rules for personal safety and the safety of others; including maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Comprehend verbal directions and communicate with team members in a team environment.
- Maintain a minimum of 99.80% accuracy every week
- Maintain a minimum of 225 UPH performance every week
- Visually identify by inspecting books for damaged product and place in designated area.
- Other duties may be assigned, directed or requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-3 months of order pulling experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and distribution experience may be substituted.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences well both written and verbally, in English.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers.
- Ability to add and subtract basic math
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Physical Requirements: The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to stand up to 8- 12 hours in a day.
- Must be able to walk up to 6-10 hours.
- Will continuously reach up and out.
- Will occasionally climb stairs
- Will occasionally push/pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Will frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Will occasionally have repetitive foot movement.
- Will frequently have repetitive hand/arm movements for simple reaching, simple and firm grasping, and/or fine hand manipulation.
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms.
Denton, Texas 76207